Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine
Editor-in-Chief: David Norris
MAGMA is the Official Journal of the European Society for MagneticResonance in Medicine and Biology (ESMRMB).
Join ESMRMB now and get free access to MAGMA!
MAGMA is a multidisciplinary international journal devoted to the publication of articles on all aspects of magnetic resonance techniques and their applications in medicine and biology. MAGMA currently publishes research papers, reviews, commentaries, and letters to the Editor six times a year. The subject areas covered by MAGMA include:
- advances in materials, hardware and software in magnetic resonance technology,
- new developments and results in research and practical applications of magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy related to biology and medicine,
- study of animal models and intact cells using magnetic resonance,
- reports of clinical trials on humans and clinical validation of magnetic resonance protocols.
In addition to regular issues, the journal also publishes special issues!
2017 MAGMA Special Issue (Vol. 31, Issue 1):
"Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance" with Tim Leiner and Gustav Strijkers
Call for Papers:
Special Issue on Fluorine-19 Magnetic Resonance: Technical Solutions, Research Promises and Frontier Applications
MAGMA's impact and dissemination is rapidly increasing:
As a bonus to authors, MAGMA keeps with its policy of not applying charges for color illustrations!
- Manuscript submissions in constant progression
- The shortest publication cycle among all MR journals!
- Only 5 weeks for the reviewing process and 3 weeks for time to publication online after final acceptation
- MAGMA is currently read by thousands of institutions worldwide through the Springer library consortia
- More than hundred full-text article downloads daily in 2014